If you have a website, blog or any other type of presence on the internet, Google will have money for you. It’s called Google AdSense, it’s a program that really tries to make everyone a winner.
Advertisers get new clients or sales through the Adwords program. Google gets money to serve those ads. When people click on them and you will get the extra income.
Using Internet search technology, Google will serve ads that are relevant to the specific content of that web page. For example, if someone is on a web page that covers the latest golf tournaments, Google will advertise for golf clubs or golf apparel. If you own the site, you will be paid every time someone clicks on the ad. This will be not too useless, as this is often referred to as cost-per-click (CPC) advertising.
You may not even notice banner ads. As a society that is proficient in the Internet, we have learned to filter them. There are also banner filtering software available, as banner ads can be very annoying, which can hurt your site’s readership. But Google AdSense is different:
- Google ads don’t interfere so much, so they won’t annoy others
- Content related, so the impact is greater
- People trust Google ads because Google trust people
- The payment model is generous and reliable
- It’s possible to make a healthy living from Google Ads
The last crucial thing is: How do you make a living through Google advertising? The real answer is that you can earn thousands of dollars a month through the right combination of traffic, content and users.
We need to be very clear that you cannot expect to throw Google Ads onto your site, sit back, relax, and watch the money roll in. There is no such work in the world. Like anything in business, you need to invest time to get the return you can deposit.
How It Works
For example, the blog or website you currently own has 100,000 visitors per month, that mean more than 1 million in revenue each year. It sounds like something that can make money, right? OK, let’s think about it again:
- You have 100,000 ad impressions (views)
- Your click rate is 1%, which is standard and accurate.
- 1% of 100,000 = 1000
- If the CPC of the ad is $0.01, you make $10
- If the CPC of the ad is $1.00, you make $1,000
There is a big difference between the two, and obviously, most ads won’t pay at a click-through rate of $1. The more obvious and broader the ad keywords, the lower the factors that trigger the ad itself. This is also important information that we can use.
Whether you want to make money from your own blog or website, or you want to create a blog with the sole purpose of making AdSense money, you can increase your income in a number of ways:
- Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) writing to maximize the keywords in your content.
- Write more about the topics you want, the more keywords for Google to search and feed ads to.
- It’s good to often write, because more content is everything, and fresher is better.
- Publish useful and accurate content. When you post junk full of keywords, it’s hard to read and won’t let people come back. You want your site to be sticky, so traffic will be generated.
- Find important niches. Because everything about football is going to be great, but thousands of people are doing it. And the movie soundtrack collection, this is another story.
- Don’t create too much bad traffic. It’s easier to create a lot of traffic than you think, but if it doesn’t qualify and people don’t read your content there, then it’s a flash. And it will also affect your click rate.
- Use Google Analytics. Google offers you free tools to make a profit.
- Always use different ideas. Don’t just write old boring content like everyone else. Do you have a new opinion on “Mad Men”? Or have a better angle in knitting? But this does not mean that it will give up like this, but will work harder to make money.
One of the biggest issues you face when you start running ads on your site is the competition. Depending on the kind of site you run, you could find that ads start being served that are in direct competition with what you are selling, or offering. For example, if you have a website dedicated to discarding a product (such as a Disney toy or snowball), you may suddenly see ads for these products, directing your visitors and leaving your site. And this will be very bad for business.
What can we do? Google anticipated this very issue, and allows you to block content from up to 200 different URLs. However, before you start to see these ads appear, it’s a bit tricky to understand blocking objects. Even worse, you may never see those ads, because of the way Adsense serves up the content.
Also, as an Adsense user, you cannot click on these links directly to see where the ads are being directed to. This is a clear violation of Adsense rules, but if you are lucky enough to see and find a link or URL to block, you can right click on the ad. This shows that we will depend on luck in Adsense.
The best way to create a list might be to search Google for the various products or services you want to sell and write down the top 50 different URLs. That’s a good way to block ad traffic from sites that are clearly in competition with you.
Are you stuck in here? Don’t worry about! My name is TeeTeng, just shoot me a comment below and I will be more happy to hear you out.
Share this article if you are very interested in it. Thanks